Building the IP Strategy Community
The International IP Strategists Association (‘INTIPSA’) is a professional association serving the community of intellectual property strategists worldwide. Our members come from a wide variety of backgrounds and share a common interest in the commercial implementation of business strategies relating to intellectual property (IP).
Our main aims are to improve awareness, understanding and standards of IP strategy in business and to share knowledge and best practice in this exciting and emerging field. We share a vision that IP needs to be integrated into mainline business strategy and become part of the board agenda.
We seek to:
- raise awareness of the value of IP strategy in business;
- promote excellence and professionalism within the IP strategy community;
- allow professionals to build their networks and share their knowledge; and
- provide an international marketplace for IP strategy services.
With knowledge and information now major drivers of the global economy, more and more companies are coming to recognise the strategic management of IP as being a function distinct from day-to-day IP protection. They also appreciate the strategic role of IP and other intangibles in building and maintaining competitive advantage. From multinationals to start-ups, companies in all countries and sectors are focusing on the role of intellectual property in building business value.
That’s where INTIPSA comes in.
- We believe that businesses need to improve their strategic use of IP rights to compete effectively in the global economy.
- We believe that business leaders need to be as conversant with IP strategy as they would be with marketing or finance.
- We believe that there is a need for recognised standards of excellence and professionalism within this emerging marketplace.